Promise of consistent quality
Aquafresh Sri Lanka is the undisputed leader in the local bottled water industry because of its superior quality, smooth and refreshing taste and exclusive packaging. Adding to these attributes is the exceptional service that enhances its value.
Aquafresh is produced and bottled by Access Natural Water (Pvt) Ltd, a company that comes under the prestigious and diverse Access Group Of Companies.
Aquafresh is currently available in a range of bottles offering consumers a choice depending on their needs. Our client base is over 5000 comprising both domestic consumers and corporate companies including Nestle, the United Nations and Sri Lankan Airlines.
Among our distinguished clients are international chains such as Subway, Burger King, Coffee Bean, Gloria Jean’s Coffees and Bread Talk who have also opted for the superior quality of Aquafresh.
“To be the company of choice that enhances healthy living through nature’s resources”
“Our purpose of existence is to bridge nature to human life while increasing shareholder value by providing sustainable innovative solutions from nature for a healthier life while adhering to norms and standards”
to us, to you.
Our story is simple. Aquafresh was established to provide consumers with pure, bottled drinking water sourced from nature. This source was found in a mountain region, in a unique rainforest.
We established an environmentally friendly factory and bottling plant in the location of these springs where pure water is extracted via ‘aquifers’ that reach 200ft beneath bedrock, avoiding any contamination through surface contact. This ensures only the purest water, untouched by human contact or exposed to the elements, is obtained. The depth of the water’s location ensures its purity and goodness. Because we believe in giving our consumer only the best.
And thanks to this pristine source of naturally pure water, the quality of production and superior packaging, over a million Sri Lankans choose the natural purity of Aquafresh bottled water today.
The start of a journey of purity
The journey of Aquafresh began in 2000 at the dawn of the millennium when the Access Group identified a need for pure, bottled drinking water of good quality. The company found the perfect source which was in the fine springs deep in the mountains of Labugamkanda, an area located in one of Sri Lanka’s geologically unique rain forests with minimum human habitat.
Given the depth of the springs and high level of natural purity in the water, a special purification system that mimics nature’s filtering process was designed by Professor Harin Corea from the University of Peradeniya. In May 2001, the production of 5 gallon bottles began. Following the brand’s success, Aquafresh introduced their now iconic range of PET bottles in 2005. The unique design of this PET bottle which was a first in the country, revolutionised the Sri Lankan bottle industry.
Quench your thirst sustainably
While focusing on obtaining pure water from the depths beneath bedrock, sustaining this source is also a priority for Aquafresh. We ensure that the extraction process is conducted adhering to annual geological reports which are conducted by qualified geologists. This is to ensure that the source will not be depleted so that the environment too, will continue to benefit from these natural springs. What’s more, the evolution of modern technology along with diligence and care on our part, enables us to constantly improve our water utilisation process. This helps reduce wastage while keeping our environment clean and void of pollutants.
Aquafresh Five Gallon Bottle
We are also the first to introduce the 5 Gallon Poly Carbonate bottle to the Sri Lankan bottled water industry. As opposed to the PET drinking water bottle, the Poly Carbonate bottle can be reused. This is mainly due to the fact that the bottles withstand heat which is used in the cleaning process. Also, the handle on the bottle makes it convenient to lift the bottle and place it on the dispenser.
Our Water Source
Our water source is located deep in the mountains of Labugamkanda in a rainforest area. With minimum human habitat, this area remains pristine, lush and clean. Our wells go down 200 feet beneath the earth’s surface and bedrock to reach fine springs that supply pure water to our bottling plant.
Giving back to nature
In a move to repay nature for her bounty of pure water, our staff have planted several trees around the area. An herb garden has also been established and is diligently maintained and cared for. Our entire process is in accordance with environmental laws and regulations. But our gratitude to nature goes beyond that.
We place great importance on maintaining and protecting the forest surrounding our factory because we care deeply for our environment and strive to do what’s best for it, always.
- Approved by the Ministry of Health.
- Sri Lanka Standards Institution 894 (SLS 894)
- Sri Lankan Standard Specification for bottled drinking water.
- Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
- Preventive food safety system where every step in the manufacture storage and distribution of a food product is scientifically analyzed for microbiological, physical and chemical hazards.
- International organization for Standardization 22000 (ISO22000 – ISO 22000)
- is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to show their customers that they have a food safety management system in place. This provides customer confidence in the product.
- International organization for Standardization 9001 (ISO9001)
- Is well-established around the world as an invaluable Quality Management System standard. The process encompasses the entire organisation and requires senior management buy-in, it is not just a function of the Quality Department. To achieve ISO 9001 certification the organisation needs to demonstrate that it can meet the regulatory requirements and apply the system effectively to be of real benefit to your customers.
- Food and Drug Administration (USFDA)
- Certificate and registration with Food and Drug Administration of USA. This certificate allows the registered product to be sold in the USA. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human.
- UN Water for Life Award.
- to celebrate the UN decade of water 2004-2014. Aquafresh was presented the United Nations “Water for Life” award, for being the best quality drinking water manufacturer in Asia.
- ITQI-International Award.
- International Taste and Quality Institute’s Quality of Taste Award- The Superior Taste Award label is a powerful marketing tool that is used to communicate about the products quality and the company’s success. It’s a visible label that brings an immediate differentiation among the vast product choices in the marketplace and reassures consumers in their purchase decision. Aquafresh received this award for its refreshing and natural taste when compared with its competitors.
- National Business Excellence Award.
- Access Natural Water (Pvt) Ltd. received a Merit award at the National Business Excellence Awards – 2016 under ‘Manufacturing – Food & Beverage’ sector held by the National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka